|Three Men and a Dragon|
|Season 1, Episode 7|
|Air date||October 21, 1989|
|Written by||Jeffrey Scott|
Mr. and Mrs. Mother Brain
The episode was written by Jeffrey Scott.
The N Team heads to Dragons' Den when they receive a distress call from the three Keepers of Power, the wise men of the world. Mother Brain has joined forces with Dragon Lord, and the twosome has set out to hypnotize and control all of the dragons on the world. The N Team sets out to rescue all the hypnotized dragons and the Keepers.
(Numbers indicate order of appearance.)
|N Team||Forces of Chaos||Others|
- This episode is based on the first Dragon Quest game (which was known as Dragon Warrior when it was first released in North America).
- First episode to feature Dragons' Den and Dragon Lord.
- This episode gives a small hint as to where Kevin is from when he says "I'm a valley kid." However, it won't be established as California until Season 2's "The Big Game" (even though it will be established a bit earlier in comic book continuity in "Welcome to Videoland").
- Kevin's red and white varsity jacket is often colored as being fully red in many shots.
- Dragon Lord is occasionally colored grey in some scenes, and pauses at odd moments when speaking.
- The animation in this episode is much poorer and simpler than most of the other Season 1 episodes, looking similar to the animation in Season 3.
- Mega Man's voice is much deeper than it is in the other episodes.
- Why would a medieval world's shop sell water skis? Furthermore, why does the shopkeeper accept Kevin's watch as a payment when he hears it can dial the telephone, when he doesn't know what a telephone is?
Variants and alterationsEdit
- Edited to air in a half-hour block in Season 3.
- Originally, a cover of "Isn't She Lovely" (originally by Stevie Wonder) played during the "caring for Puff" montage. This was replaced by the Mega Move instrumental for later syndication airings and the DVD release.