|The Feud of Faxanadu|
|Season 2, Episode 8|
|Air date||November 24, 1990|
|Written by||Michael Maurer|
Once Upon a Time Machine
Having a Ball
The episode was written by Michael Maurer.
During a football game, an overload to the Palace football stadium sends the N Team through a warp to the strange world of Faxanadu. Wanting to continue the competition started by their football game, Kevin and Simon split up, taking some respective N Teammates with them. But little do they know, an evil being known only as the Evil One plans to steal a magic crystal and use it to conquer the world.
(Numbers indicate order of appearance.)
|N Team||Forces of Chaos||Others|
- Although the Evil One swears revenge on the N Team, this episode is his only appearance on the show.
- Ikeda was the only enemy from the game to appear in this episode.
- The king is actually based on Elvis Presley.
- The Dwarf King was replaced by Queen Dwarfine.
- This episode aired between The Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3 episodes, "True Colors" and "Recycled Koopa" - at least on Saturday, May 18, 1991. (The commercial break after the Captain N episode featured a commercial for Knight Rider 2000, which would air on Sunday night.)
- Futhermore,Speaking of Mario,this episode also has alot in common with the Super Mario Bros 3 Episode "True Colors" as both episodes dealt with the Topic issue of "Racism" with two different Families fueding with each other.
- Mega Man Narrates the Opening Teaser Promo for this episode during the Original NBC Broadcast version. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRGz6_eCMtY
- In the Evil One's first appearance, his head is white in the close-up shots and black in the distant shots.
- All of the Elves have blue skin everywhere on their body. However, King Melvis has a blue face and nothing else. His neck and hands are flesh colored. Further complicating things, in the flashback about the crystal being first made, all Elves and Dwarves have flesh-colored skin!
- Kevin and Lana remark at the end of the episode it is good that Melvis and Dwarfine are friends again. So, when were they ever friends before? The episode implies that the feuding has been going on for a long time, possibly generations.
- One possibility is that the people of Faxanadu have an extremely long lifespan, but this is never substantiated further.
- If the Evil One had the key to enter the World Tree, why didn't he just go in and get the crystal himself?
- It's possible that the Elves and Dwarves prevented him from reentering the World Tree when they exiled him, though nothing in the episode substantiates this.
Variants and AlterationsEdit