|Simon the Ape-Man|
|Season 1, Episode 10|
|Air date||November 11, 1989|
|Written by||Jeffrey Scott|
Nightmare On Mother Brain's Street
In Search of the King
The episode was written by Jeffrey Scott.
During a skateboarding showdown between Kevin and Simon, Simon crashes and hits his head. Simon gets amnesia as a result of the crash. While he searches for himself, Mother Brain's lackeys attempt to brainwash him, but he ultimately ends up thinking he is Donkey Kong Jr.! The N Team has to return him to his senses, since the world of Castlevania needs him to combat a vampire threat unleashed by the Count.
(Numbers indicate order of appearance.)
|N Team||Forces of Chaos||Others|
Note: Characters with the same number 1st appeared in the same shot.
- This is one of the few episodes in which Mother Brain appears, but is not the main villain.
- during the Ballerina scene,Simon warps into a Modern Ninja themed Video World which the Episode never explains what specific Nes Game it's based off of. it's possible that that it's based off of either "Ninja Gaiden" from Tecmo or "Wrath of the Black Manta" by Taito. (Since both games were ninja themed video games with a modern setting that had robbers and thugs as enemies)
- N missing on Kevin's jacket when Simon walks off as a Kongoland tour guide, and when he crashes on the ironing board and looks to the N Team as he gets up.
- There are scenes in which Simon's skin and his coat are miscolored.
- When Simon thinks he's a ballerina and jumps into a warp zone Lana walks over, but she's wearing her regular outfit when she'd just been wearing a leotard.
- Simon has amnesia throughout the course of the episode. So how did he know he had a backpack that contained an ape dictionary?
Variants and AlterationsEdit
- The version on the DVD set is lacking a title and writer credit. This is presumably how the episode originally aired on NBC.