|Mr. and Mrs. Mother Brain|
|Season 1, Episode 8|
|Air date||October 28, 1989|
|Written by||Jeffrey Scott|
Three Men and a Dragon
Nightmare On Mother Brain's Street
The episode was written by Jeffrey Scott.
Simon's plan to use one of Kid Icarus' love arrows to make Lana fall in love with him backfires - and he finds himself in love with Mother Brain! As Lana, Kevin, and Duke brave the deadly Forest of Forgetfulness, Kid Icarus and Mega Man begin scaling Mount Icarus, in search of the arrow maker who may have an antidote to cure Simon.
(Numbers indicate order of appearance.)
|N Team||Forces of Chaos||Others|
- In terms of the order the episodes (presumably) take place, this is Kevin's first visit to Castlevania.
- The theme song was "White Wedding" by Billy Idol. It would also be used in the corresponding Super Mario Brothers Super Show.
- Kevin's Zapper is gray during his initial encounter with the Count.
- When escaping back to Metroid with Simon, Mother Brain laughs but her mouth doesn't move.
- When Kid Icarus picks up a heart while he and Mega Man fight their way across Mount Icarus, his body glows like it's some kind of power up, which his next arrow glowing and killing the giant serpent with one shot would further indicate. Hearts act as money in his game.
- Why would Mother Brain suddenly be interested in talking peace with the N Team?
- So how does the Forest of Forgetfulness work exactly? Everyone has a ton of amnesia during their first few seconds, but when they fall off the bridge, their memories all seem to suddenly return.
- So it's possible to shoot the ground and cause an earthquake to make zombies disappear? Granted, there could be a fault line or something under the castle, but that still doesn't explain the zombies all suddenly vanishing.
- How does Mega Man have the exact time that the Love Arrow's effects will be made permanent?
- So what was Kid Icarus doing with that Love Arrow in the first place when he had no Antidote Arrow? As a member of the N Team, it seems highly doubtful that he runs around playing Cupid in his spare time.
Variants and alterationsEdit
- Cut down and aired as a 15 minute episode in Season 3.
- Originally a cover of White Wedding by Billy Idol played when Mother Brain and her minions prepared for the wedding. Other airings and DVD distributions saw the song replaced with the instrumental version of Mega Move.