|I Wish I Was a Wombatman|
|Season 2, Episode 11|
|Air date||December 15, 1990|
|Written by||Sean Roche and David Ehrman|
The Trojan Dragon
The Invasion of the Paper Pedalers
(Numbers indicate order of appearance.)
|N Team||Forces of Chaos||Others|
- The title is most likely a parody of "I wish I was a spaceman," the first line to the closing theme song to the 1960s Gerry Anderson Supermarionation series, Fireball XL5.
- Wombatman is a parody of Batman.
- Nikki is a parody of Vicki Vale.
- The Wombatmobile is a parody of the Batmobile.
- Wombatman himself has alot in common with another Dic Character named Captain Rescue,a Minor guest character from the Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog Episode "Over the Hill Hero" as both are washed up Has-been Superheroes who have retired and lost their Self Esteem and lost confidence in themselves as Super Heroes from their Golden ages.
- In this episode, Simon Belmont thinks Wombatman is stupid, but in "The Most Dangerous Game Master" it's one of his favorite shows.
- Why is Kid Icarus so interested in learning moves from a TV superhero like Wombatman? He's already an angel with an arsenal of different types of arrows, and unlike Wombatman, he can actually fly.
Variants and AlterationsEdit